Thursday, June 5, 2008

Will I ever be good enough for You??

Hey Dad look at me
Think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according To plan?
Do you think I’m wasting My time
doing things I Wanna do?
But it hurts when you Disapprove
all along

My whole Life, you've constantly criticized me.
Everyone is better than me, according to you.
Well, maybe thats true.

Even though I tried not to show it,
It hurt me each time you said you didn't care about me.
It hurt me each time you compared me to other people,
saying, "why can't you be more like them?"

Every single dream I ever had,
You took it and crushed it.
Crushed it into little bitesize pieces,
by saying, "You will never be good enough"

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I’m never gonna be good Enough for you
I can’t pretend that I’m alright
And you can’t change me
I used to listen to you.
I used to think,
"hmm, maybe if i change myself and become this,
I'll be good enough for him."
I can't believe I let you get to me.
Maybe I am as stupid as you say.
Or Maybe I'm stupid for listening to you.
You always have to control me.
You controlled what I did,
Who my friends were,
And what I thought of myself.
I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be My hero?
All the days You spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you
don’t Care anymore
Some days I wish we could just go back.
Back to the days where you accepted me for who i was.
Back to when "Normal" was fine with you.
Some days I wish You were normal.
Like all the other dads, who congratulate their kids.
Who say "I love you" at least once.
But my ears have never heard
those words come out of your mouth.
Not once.
Nothing’s gonna change
The things that you said
Nothing’s gonna make this
Right again
Please don’t turn your back
I can’t believe it’s hard
Just to talk to you
But you don’t understand
And every now and then,
when you really want something from me,
"oh, by the way, will you bake me a pie for next tuesday?"
"oh, by the way, will you wash my boat for me?"
you pretend like you actually care about me for a while.
You trick me into thinking
"Huh. maybe things are starting to change."
"Maybe he's starting to change"
But then you turn around and go right back to all your old ways.
Well I'm just here to say this:
I'm done.
Done listening to your pathetic criticizm,
Done taking all your crap,
Done believing any word you say.
done.
Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I’m sorry I can’t be Perfect
Now it’s just too late
And we can’t go back
I’m sorry I can’t be Perfect
Perfect - Simple Plan

No comments: