Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Challenge

I have a challenge for everyone.

Step 1: compose a list of 10 bad things in your life. 10 things that bug you about people.
go ahead, type it.

Step 2: Select your whole list.
Step 3: Press the DELETE button.

There. Did that feel good? because it should have. Sometimes it helps me to just forget about my troubles for a while.

Today, I had a lot of things on my mind. And you know what i did? I walked down to the corner and sat. I didn't even really think. I just sat. And Muffin came too, so i petted him
I know it may not solve your problems, but it helps keep them in proportion.

Now. Let's try to optimistically place our minds on another topic.
I want you (yes, you) to make a list with as many good things as you can.
Here's mine:


Things I'm grateful for:
1. I have you. If you're reading this, thank you. thanks for caring about my life.
2. I have a non-tornadoed/non-flooded house to live in.
3. I live in a country where I can say what I want, believe what I want, and for the most part, do what I want.
4. I have a really big family who cares about me.
5. I have food, shelter, water, and clothing. Basically the only necessities in life.
6. I have a pretty cool job starting next august, and detasseling to look forward to.
7. I am healthy, for the most part. (just allergies)
8. I have a computer in which to type my blog on.
9. I have a fridge full of cream cheese. thanks guys =]
10. I have a mother who really cares about me and wants the best for me.
11. I have Muffin. He may look like just a lump of fat to you, but for me, he's amazing. He's always there for me, even when others aren't, and he'll always listen to what I have to say. He keeps all my secrets and doesn't make fun of me for them.
12. I have a pretty cool room, house, ipod, bird, closet, pingpong table, tv, dvd collection, life.
13. I'm lucky enough to have a couple groups of friends.
14. My parents arent divorced.
15. I have a straight-gay friend who is amazing.
16. I'm alive.

I could go on for a long time, but my mom is telling me to get off the computer.
So go ahead. Take the challenge. It helps.
<3

1 comment:

lucky13 said...

I accept your challenge!(but it'll have to wait until I have time to type those lists out...)
And who is your gay-straight friend??
~♥~