Sunday, May 11, 2008

Where do I belong?

I feel like a turtle,
trapped between the beach and the ocean,
not knowing which way to go.
The gentle waves call me to the ocean,
while the sandy beaches lure me otherwise.


There is constant yelling,
fighting, horror, and pain.
Life is like a train off its rails,
or a crashing jet plain.

Adults may say they know what its like,
but they have no idea.
It is hard trying to be so perfect,
in a world that only accepts the best.

It is hard to be so beautiful,
in a world that only accepts supermodels
It is hard to be yourself,
in a world that only wants the perfect.

I am none of those things,
the things that people want,
I guess that is why I am an outcast.
The one that is alone.

There is one more thing I ask myself,
whenever I look into the mirror,
Do I belong?
Is there somewhere I do belong?

For now there isn't,
but someday there will be....
I hope.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Happy mother's day!!